Shoal Lake Pharmacy
Full Time Pharmacy Manager
Shoal Lake, Manitoba
Shoal Lake Pharmacy is looking for a dynamic, experienced and committed Pharmacist to take a managerial role in our community retail pharmacy. Our welcoming tourist community is only 1 hour north west of Brandon has so much to offer. It is an excellent location to raise a family with access to all the essentials like healthcare, daycares, k-12 school, playground, groceries, hardware, retail clothing, banks, credit union, restaurants and pub. In addition, Shoal Lake is a tourism destination with a variety of recreational activities, walking paths, camping, picturesque 9 hole golf course, pickleball courts, skating arena, curling rink, and we even boast an airport with a flying club.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
A great compensation package. Convenient hours. Generous Time Off. An opportunity to join an existing group of dedicated professionals committed to offering the very best in pharmaceutical care. You have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger and join a well established community pharmacy located in a beautiful agricultural setting that is the heartbeat of all those we serve.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
- Paid time off • Extended health care • Dental care • Vision care • Short term disability • Long term disability
- 8.5 hour shift • Monday to Friday • No Weekends or Statutory Holidays
- Pharmacy License with College of Manitoba Pharmacists
- Previous management experience preferred
- Injection Certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals and drugs to treat ailments
- Able to provide clear and concise instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Self-driven and motivated to increase efficiency and performance
- Oversee pharmacy department operations
- Ensure customers are prescribed the correct medicine
- Set up care plans, follow up, and document outcomes
- Compile relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Monitor medication adherence
- Ensure the pharmacy complies with Manitoba Pharmaceutical regulations
- Communicate effectively with customers relating to queries and issues
- Ensure staff provide high standards of customer service to customers
- Guide staff to interact professionally and courteously to customers at all times
ABILITY TO COMMUTE OR RELOCATE TO SHOAL LAKE, MANITOBA:
Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work required
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Shoal Lake Pharmacy
Box 119, Shoal Lake, MB R0J 1Z0
We thank all applicants who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Red River Co-Op
Start Your Career with one of Manitoba’s Top Employers!
We have deep roots in our community. 85 years deep. And through the years we have proven our commitment to our members by making their priorities our priorities. We donate regularly to a wide range of organizations, feature local products prominently, and most importantly – give back to our members through profit sharing. We look to the past to inform our present core values.
But in this rapidly changing world, our roots ground us so that we can keep pace and innovate. We have grown from one standalone Gas Bar in downtown Winnipeg to an ever-expanding co-operative with 36 gas bar locations, 18 car washes, five cardlocks, nine food stores, two standalone pharmacies and an oil supply centre. Our fleet of trucks are on the road delivering fuel to farm and commercial accounts in Manitoba and northwestern Ontario.
And we just keep growing as we develop fresh, modern ways to deliver premium products with extraordinary customer service.
This role can be just the start of your career as there is ample opportunity for advancement within Red River Co-op. We are a proud member of the Co-operative Retailing System, a vast network of 160 retail Co-ops across western Canada.
Red River Co-op is recruiting for the position of Pharmacy Manager at our food store in Selkirk, Manitoba. This position reports to the District Manager – Pharmacy Operations. The Pharmacy Manager adds value to our Co-operative by leading the overall operation of the retail pharmacy, including responsibility for staff, financial results, and quality patient care.
Essential responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction to all Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants working within the pharmacy.
- Engage with customers for the purpose of gaining new pharmacy customers;
- Provide excellent care to all customers;
- Execute on financial targets for the pharmacy.
- A full responsibility list will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
- To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and competencies:
- You must possess a valid pharmacist license for the province of MB, be in good standing with the College of Pharmacists Manitoba, and have no practice restrictions.
- Preference given to individuals with at least 2 years of experience as a pharmacist.
- You possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- You have strong leadership and customer service skills to achieve high results.
- Previous experience with Kroll pharmacy software is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong, independent problem-solving skills.
Comfortable practicing to full extent of expanded scope with professional services. Individual must be injection certified.
Red River Co-op welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process by contacting the Human Resources Division at (204) 631-4600, or email@example.com, or in person at 10 Prairie Way in Winnipeg.
Red River Co-op offers a comprehensive total rewards package including group insurance, a strong pension plan, and an employee discount. Advancement opportunities abound in the Co-operative Retailing System, and we encourage ongoing professional development along with up to 100% reimbursement for post-secondary course work. Additional details will be shared with candidates as part of the interview process.
If you share our commitment to community, combined with a fresh, innovative vision for our future, please send your resumé in confidence before September 25, 2022 to:
Human Resources Manager
Red River Co-op
10 Prairie Way
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3J8
Confidential fax: (204) 594-0780
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead, Pharmaceutical Policy Unit
PM4 Policy Analyst 4
Department of Health
Non-Insured Benefits, Insurance
Advertisement Number: 39648
Salary(s): PM4 $77,109.00 - $98,216.00 per year
Closing Date: September 23, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Non-insured Benefits branch provides departmental leadership in the planning, management and administration of sustainable publicly-funded insurance programs for prescription drugs, ancillary services and devices, financial support and related residential charges for residents of licensed personal care homes. The Pharmaceutical Policy Unit within the branch, provides expert advice to senior leadership on issues in the pharmaceutical domain. This unit recommends and establishes policies for benefit coverage of drugs or medical devices, negotiates drug and/or device pricing with manufacturers, executes product listing agreements, manages drug shortage and pharmacy agreements.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor's degree in a health related science. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered. Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or graduate degree in Pharmaceutical Policy/Administration is an asset.
- Experience leading a comprehensive health or related program in a complex government, health care or pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience dealing with the pharmaceutical industry, related associations and organizations.
- Experience leading and managing a team including direct reports.
- Experience in the planning, research, design, development and implementation of policies and programs involving complex and dynamic issues.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare documents for executive decision-makers and various other audiences.
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate effectively communicating with various levels of internal and external audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to build and maintaining positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to formulate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Excellent political acumen to navigate sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills for managing competing and rapidly-changing priorities with strict timelines.
- Experience in project management including establishing and managing key performance indicators for project deliverables.
- Experience conducting health technology assessments or pharmaceutical economic analysis.
- The Lead, Pharmaceutical Policy Unit(PPU) reports to the Director, Non-Insured Benefits and leads the team responsible for the development, coordination, management, interpretation and evaluation of pharmaceutical, and pharmaceutical management policy and programs of the government within the setting of Manitoba Health.
Advertisement # 39648
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
LOCATION: WINNIPEG, ONTARIO
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
The Health Depot is a fast growing, tech-driven, online pharmacy where innovation in patient-care comes first.
With access to provincial e-health databases and new communication tools (PrescribeIT), The Health Depot is redefining clinical pharmacy and becoming a key contributor in bringing hospital level of collaboration and care into the community setting. Using these tools, we are able to personalize doses to each individual and help combat medication overuse, while advancing improvement in chronic disease management and compliance. This may involve clinical suggestions to lower doses, switching to safer alternatives and even deprescribing. We see clinical pharmacy as the future of our profession in Canada. Our unique single-dose strip packaging system gives new options for patients with compliance issues, allowing them to take more control of their day-to-day lives. Our free prescription delivery (via Canada Post) to anywhere in Ontario makes our services even more valuable as we can ship to a workplace, home, cottage, or convenient Canada Post Pickup location!
WHY THE HEALTH DEPOT IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are passionate professionals who thrive on creativity and collaboration, fostering an environment that is both productive and flexible where everyone works together to make an impact in the world of pharmacy today.
YOU ARE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
The Health Depot is a proud member of the Green Shield Canada group of companies (under the Green Shield Holdings Inc. (GSH)). Green Shield Canada (GSC) is one of Canada’s largest health benefits carriers and is uniquely structured as a not-for-profit social enterprise focused on improving the health and well-being of Canadians. GSC has always provided our clients with an unmatched healthcare experience – and now, we’re working to better serve our customers and communities by evolving from a health and dental benefits carrier to an integrated health services organization and Canada’s only payer-provider.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Generous time off
- Family friendly working hours, Monday – Friday, only occasional weekends
- Full and flexible benefits on day one
- Competitive compensation (base salary plus bonus)
- Optimization of medication through blood work (A1C, blood glucose, creatinine clearance ect.)
- Dispense and have knowledge about high-cost specialty pharmacy medications
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
- Proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals (Using new technology, such as PACMED single-dose packaging, and Karie Personal Health Companion)
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients using various methods of communication such as phone, email, software messaging
- Provide professional advice to patients on prescriptions, as well as on the selection and use of non-prescription medication
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, providing guidance and coaching and managing the performance of other pharmacy employees
- Schedule all pharmacy employees to ensure coverage for all hours of operations
- Take on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, and pharmacy operations as necessary
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy
- 3-5 years Pharmaceutical Experience
- Previous managerial experience including hiring, training, motivating, retaining, coaching and developing competent employees
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba
- Knowledge of medication, dosage measurement, pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Strong knowledge of financial and operational aspects of pharmacy
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability, and ability to learn new skill sets
- Experience with pharmacy software Kroll is an asset
- Previous experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is an asset
- Additional Certification such as Injection, Smoking Cessation a definite asset
all applicants please email a resume and cover letter to HR@thehealthdepot.ca
Safeway Pharmacy Manager
Kildare Avenue (Transcona)
Requisition ID: 169746
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: 4857 Kildare Safeway Pharmacy
Postal Code: R2C 0P8
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
The Pharmacy Manager will support the strategic direction and vision of the Safeway Pharmacy store. Responsibilities include coaching and developing the pharmacy team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences. As the Pharmacy Manager you will participate in professional programs and collaborate with colleagues within the Pharmacy to provide excellence in health & wellness services to all patients. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- Provide leadership skills, superior judgement, decision making and commitment to pharmacy team
- Create a coaching and development culture for all pharmacy employees which embraces a passion for health and wellness
- Oversee pharmacy talent management including succession planning, orientation and training, performance management and compensation
- Ensure the communication of operational requirements/changes and store vision to all employees
- Responsible to adequately staff the pharmacy at all times through effective and flexible scheduling
- Responsible to ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted Key Performance Indicators
- Manage pharmacy expenses, review and provide feedback to Regional Pharmacy Manager on expenses, sales and profitability
- Work in collaboration with the Store Manager to identify and capitalize on opportunities within store/market
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Role model, coach, and reinforce customer service expectations on a daily basis for all staff
- Create a shopping experience that engages your customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Understand and respond to local market needs and competition
Patient Focused Care
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e. disease state management, medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
- Other duties as required
- Above average communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Previous management experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged. Interested candidates to apply through www.sobeyscareers.com or via email to Chris.Rondeau@sobeys.com
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
BON Pharmacy LTD
Department/Unit: Brokenhead Pharmacy
Employment Type: Full Time
BON Pharmacy LTD is seeking a highly motivated individual for pharmacy assistant to help make a positive difference in the health of our patients. This position is a rewarding and exciting opportunity to work in a retail pharmacy setting. We offer on-site training and flexible work hours.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience working in a pharmacy or medical environment
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, reliability, and communication
- Perform cashier functions and other procedures as assigned
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Presentable business-casual appearance
- Adherence to confidentiality
- Clear Criminal Record Check required
- Must be willing to submit to random drug testing
- Please include two previous employer references with resume
- Grade 12 education
- Pharmacy assistant diploma preferred or pharmacy setting experience
- Computer knowledge of windows based programs and internet
- Pharmacy hours Monday to Friday 9AM – 6PM
BON Pharmacy LTD offers a competitive compensation package.
Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons.
We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 2, 2022
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
Fax to: (204) 766-2021
BON Pharmacy LTD is committed to equity in employment.
For advertising and relief list inquiries please contact email@example.com
Click here for career posting information