A Call for Abstracts is being issued for poster presentations at the 2023 Pharmacists Manitoba Conference taking place on April 15th & 16th, 2023 at the RBC Convention Center. The Poster sessions will provide presenting authors a forum to showcase their work and provide those interested with the opportunity to review the information and talk with presenters.
- Poster presentations convey innovative, clinically relevant information that enhances the profession of pharmacy.
- Please complete the form below for submission of a poster abstract for consideration at the 2023 Pharmacists Manitoba Conference.
The deadline for abstract submissions is March 7th, 2023.
Abstract submissions will be reviewed by blinded judges who are Manitoba pharmacists. The primary poster presenter will be contacted no later than March 20, 2023 as to whether their poster is approved for display at the Pharmacists Manitoba Conference.
Poster abstract submissions will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Presentations must convey clinically relevant information related to the profession of pharmacy.
- Introduction: clear objectives and background
- Methodology: clearly explained for general audiences
- Quality of Proposed Research/Results/Finding: logical, clear, and pertinent
- Conclusion: clear results are stated within the summary
- Display Aesthetics: creativity in display, visually interesting, professional caliber presentation
- Format: logical flow of sections, poster arrangement, and organization
- Understanding of Subject: presentation shows good grasp of subject
- Ability to Stand Alone: when author is absent, poster is thorough, understandable, and effective
- Originality and Significance: provides evidence of novel, important work
- Title and author name(s) must be clearly labeled.
- Disclosure: Posters must acknowledge financial support or assistance for the research at the time of presentation.
- Poster presentations and handouts are to be non-promotional/non-commercial and should not contain brand/proprietary drug names or commercial logos/names.
- Poster presenters are responsible for the transportation, location and posting of materials in the poster session area of the Exhibit Hall. The Pharmacists Manitoba Conference does not provide reimbursement for travel/shipping expenses for poster presenters.
- Student submissions MUST be reviewed by supervisor before submitting. This is mandatory for submission.
Descriptive Report: Describes new, improved or innovative roles or services in pharmacy practice. Descriptive reports must contain detailed rationale of the project or case, and the importance of the report to pharmacy practice.
Evaluative Study: Describes original research, including clinical research on drug effects in humans, drug-use evaluations, and evaluations of innovative pharmacy services. Evaluative study reports must include scientific results and/or data to support the conclusions.
April 15th & 16th, 2023
Primary poster presenter must be present during the Poster Presentations on Saturday, April 15th and Sunday, April 16th on the main level of the RBC Convention Center. Poster presenters must hang their posters for the duration of exhibit hours and be available to answer questions and interact with attendees during the exhibit hours below:
- Saturday, April 15h 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm Awards Reception + Poster Pavilion
- Sunday, April 16th 10:00 am to 10:35 am Poster Pavilion & Reception & Refreshment Break
- 10:35 am to 10:45 am Best Poster Winner + 3-Minute Poster Presentation
POSTER DISPLAY INSTRUCTIONS
- The Pharmacists Manitoba Conference will supply one 4 feet high by 9 feet wide bulletin board.
- Please provide Velcro for your posters to hang. (no pins please)
- Poster Presenters must set-up their posters between 3:00 pm amd 4:00 pm on Saturday, April 15th. At the conclusion of the presentation, all presenters are asked to remove their posters by 11:30 am on Sunday, April 16th. *Please note that any posters left behind will be discarded.
The Pharmacists Manitoba Conference provides this venue free of charge to poster presenters.
The primary poster presenter will be given a complimentary Sunday registration for the conference BUT must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm registration.
If you wish to withdraw your abstract, please contact Marnie Hilland at email@example.com by April 7th.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the deadline for abstract submissions?
The deadline for abstract submissions is March 7th.
- When is the Poster Presentation?
The Poster Presentation is taking place Saturday, April 15th from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm & Sunday, April 16th from 10:00 am to 10:35 am
- How can I submit my abstract?
Abstracts can ONLY be submitted online. Please complete a separate entry for each poster submission.
- May I submit an abstract if I am not a registered attendee?
Yes, but we will need you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a complimentary Saturday & Sunday registration which will give you access to the Poster Presentations and continuing education sessions.
- Is there an abstract submission fee?
No, there is not a fee to submit or display a poster at the Pharmacists Manitoba Conference. And you will receive a complimentary Saturday & Sunday Registration.
- What should I do if I would like to withdraw my abstract?
If you wish to withdraw your abstract, please contact Marnie Hilland by April 7th at email@example.com
- When and how will I receive notification about the status of my abstract?
Notification regarding acceptance or denial of abstracts will be sent by e-mail to the submitter by March 20th.