Benefits of Membership with Pharmacists Manitoba!
Flexible Professional Liability Insurance Options
Choose your level of professional liability insurance provided by the Canadian Pharmacists Benefits Association (CPBA).
Personal Liability Insurance Limits & Premiums:
- $2 Million per occurrence /and $ 4 Million aggregate
- $5 Million per occurrence and aggregate
- The CBPA complementary insurance policy allows pharmacists of member associations the opportunity to purchase additional insurance to supplement the coverage received through an employer. If you are relying solely on coverage through your employer, keep in mind, it may not be enough to adequately protect you. See our FAQs for more information.
- Student/Intern Members: Students and/or Interns who require professional liability insurance are asked to contact Pharmacists Manitoba for more information
Pharmacists Manitoba is proud to be an Organizational Member of the Canadian Pharmacists Association, working together to provide a strong voice for the profession. All Pharmacists Manitoba members belong to CPhA and can access exclusive CPhA member benefits, including:
- Complimentary subscription to the Canadian Pharmacists Journal – print and online access
- Discounts on continuing professional development programs & exclusive access to webinars & archives
- Access to networking opportunities including the Canadian Pharmacists Conference and the Primary Care Pharmacy Specialty Network
- Affinity program discounts, including:
- GoodLife Fitness membership for $449/year or $19.19 bi-weekly
- Travel Affinity Program offering an average of 10-20% discounts on hotel bookings and car rentals
- American Pharmacists Association membership discount of 50%
- Choice Hotels program offering 20% off Choice Hotels worldwide
- VIA Rail Canada corporate rate saving you 5% on travel for business or pleasure
Benefits of belonging to CPhA
The greatest benefit is advocacy for the profession: a strong pan-Canadian advocacy voice to respond to national issues, such as decisions regarding health care and drug pricing reforms being made by Canada’s Premiers and Health Ministers. To view all the CPhA/ Pharmacists Manitoba member benefits and to register for your CPhA Membership click here.
Information and Resources
As a member of Pharmacists Manitoba you gain exclusive access to:
- Significant cost savings on Pharmacists Manitoba continuing education programs including the annual Pharmacy Conference
- Member ONLY resources such as: Assessment & Prescribing Minor Ailment Fillable PDF's, Manitoba Medication Review Toolkit, Third Party Payor Agreements, Smoking Cessation Fee Guide and Invoice samples, etc.
- Online Communication Journal with non-accredited Continuing Education units included.
- Travel Affinity Program - Save 10-20% on all hotels and car rentals around the world
- Weekly Member Email Updates
- Weekly job posting and listing of available relief pharmacists
Advocacy and Public Relations
Advocacy: Pharmacists Manitoba is committed to working on a wide range of practice issues that are important to our members. Our Government Relations Committee has taken great strides over the years and has achieved to engage Government and funders in meaningful discussion with regards to pharmacists compensation for professional services. Pharmacists Manitoba negotiates on your behalf with third party payors on fees and reimbursement issues, as well as mediates disputes between pharmacists an third parties over fees and interpretation of provider agreements.
- Legislative Day - Oct 25, 2016
- Legislative Recepetion - March 21, 2017
Public Relations: Pharmacists Manitoba's Public Relations Committee is focused on developing a communications strategy that embraces emerging practice trends, promotes the role of pharmacists as valued members of the primary healthcare team, and educates the public on emerging issues within pharmacy. All pharmacists benefit from our public relations initiatives, as members of Pharmacists Manitoba, you have the opportunity to be a leader in your community and represent Pharmacist Manitoba in advertising, in the media, and through our outreach programs.
A few highlights of how our members get involved...
- Pharmacists Awareness Month
- Social Media Campaign - I Love My Pharmacist Stickers
- Student Mall Displays
- Manitoba Pharmacist Initiated Smoking Cessation Pilot Project
- Community outreach and local events
Preferred Provider Access
Group/Individual and Property Insurance Options: Access to the Pharmacists Manitoba Insurance Program that offers policies on life, and extended health through Oguzhan Ozturk at Ozturk Financial Services and Commercial and Property Insurance through Matthew Blank at Ruban Insurance.
Legal Assistance: A legal assistance plan for members and immediate family through MLT Aikins. Coverage of certain practice related legal expenses incurred in Civil Court or at disciplinary hearing involving the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (certain conditions apply).
Financial Services: Scotia McLeod offers Financial Management Services along with unique benefits for members and their immediate family. Access to the Scotia Professional Plan.
Special Services and Retailers:
- Winnipeg Winter Club offers members a discounted rate. The club has an excellent sporting facility located close to downtown Winnipeg.
- Academy Massage Therapy offers members a corporate discount for their services. Academy Massage Therapy has two locations in Winnipeg.
- Real estate member savings program to earn rebate incentives while being represented by top Royal Lepage realtors.
- Polar Windows - Polar Partner Program - Receive a discount on windows and doors. Additional information to be provided in your member benefits package.
- St. John Ambulance - Training in Emergency First with Level C CPR for a discounted price
- Bell MTS Place - Save up to 15% on concerts and events
Click here to download a PDF version of the brochure