Continuing Professional Development
Influenza and Pneumococcal Immunization for Adults - Update for Pharmacists
Date: Monday, June 20, 2016
Location: Holiday Inn Airport 1740 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg
Time: 6:00 to 8:00 pm includes dinner
CPhM Accreditation pending
Dr. Greg Hammond (waiting for credentials)
Ms. Sonal Purohit (waiting for credentials)
- Influenza and Pneumococcal immunization updates
- Immunization effectiveness, concerns and priorities
- New directions in immunizations and vaccinations
- Pharmacist’s role in addressing public knowledge, awareness and access to immunizations and vaccines
- Building public awareness and pharmacy capacity for improving immunization uptake
Click Here to Register
Program sponsored by SANOFI PASTEUR
Use of Antidepressants During Pregnancy Webinar
Sodalis Pharma-Solutions in partnership with Pharmascience are offering Pharmacists Manitoba access to a free CCCEP accredited webinar titled Use of Antidepressants During Pregnancy. The one-hour webinar is presented by Gledis Rushitaj (Pharm.D - community pharmacist) & Marc-André Sylvain (Pharm.D.- community pharmacist).
(CCCEP accreditation number: 1296-2016-1721-I-P) - 1 CEU
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the risks and benefits associated with the use of antidepressants for the treatment of unipolar depression during pregnancy;
- Evaluate a patient record of a pregnant woman treated for unipolar depression;
- Know the key counselling points for a pregnant woman suffering from unipolar depression;
- Ensure the appropriate follow-ups related to unipolar depression during pregnancy.
The webinar can be accessed any time at the following link. Pharmacists must sign into the site to participate.
Free Webinar: Building A Business: Pharmacy Extra Services
Pharmacists Manitoba and the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) are pleased to present a free upcoming webinar, Building a Business: Pharmacy Extra Services. Join us on Thursday, May 19 at 12pm CT to hear about how Manitoba pharmacist Dennis Wong is providing innovative services to improve medication safety, health outcomes and disease prevention for his patients. Register today. This webinar is part of CPhA’s pharmacy practice innovation webinar series sponsored by Pfizer Canada Inc.
CPBA Webinar: Erros & Omissions Insurance
The Canadian Pharmacists Benefits Association (CPBA) is pleased to present an upcoming webinar, Errors and Omissions Insurance 101. Join us on Wednesday, May 25 at 12pm CDT to hear Michael Johnson, Senior Vice President Marsh Canada, provide a broad overview of how malpractice insurance under the CPBA sponsored program will respond to your needs in the event that you are involved in a claim. For more information on the webinar please click here. To register for the webinar please click here.